For a Missionary in Asia, These Gifts Will Dramatically Impact Everyday Life

My favorite Christmas gift I have received is a small whisk, a little bigger than a pencil. My children bought it for me three years ago. It is perfect for whipping up a glaze for scones, which I make quite often. It is also useful for whisking just one egg for an egg wash. I love kitchen items as gifts because they are very useful but something I rarely splurge on for myself. They are a practical luxury. Do I need a pencil-sized whisk? Of course not. Do I use it often? You bet!

Giving thoughtful gifts is a genuine act of love. A gift that someone would use all the time but would not buy themselves is the best kind. Fulfilling a need shows care. Many items in Gospel for Asia Christmas Gift Catalog are practical luxuries: They are gifts that our partners on the field often make do without, but such gifts can be an everyday blessing.


Bible-college students studying in the Himalayan mountains received winter clothing packets.
Many of these women are from poor backgrounds and came to Bible college without warm clothing.

Take the gift of a bicycle for a missionary who has been traveling on foot. He cares for multiple congregations; plus, he visits even more villages. He walks many miles every week just so he can be there for everyone. At the end of the day, he may get home just in time to tuck his children into bed—or not. With the gift of a bicycle, he may make it home in time for dinner with his family. He may be able to visit his congregations more frequently. He may be able to share with others the amazing gift of Christ Jesus! A bicycle may seem like a child’s gift to us, but for a missionary in Asia, it is a gift that will dramatically impact his daily life.


Click here, to read more about this article.

Click here, to read more blogs on Patheos from Gospel for Asia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Generational Poverty: A Cycle Not Worth Repeating

What Is the Poverty Cycle?

What Do I Need to Know about the Global Poverty Rate?