A Year of Discipleship

Young adults ages 18–27 have the opportunity to go through a one- or two-year program called School of Discipleship (SD) with Gospel for Asia. In this program, students grow in their faith through prayer meetings and living in the community with fellow believers.

Eveline learned how to love the Lord and others during her two-years at School of Discipleship. Source: Gospel for Asia
“I have a better and deeper walk with the Lord and deeper relationship with others, not just here but also back home,” Eveline, a current SD student said. “The Lord has taught me the greatest commandment: to love the Lord and love others.”

I went through the School of Discipleship, too. In my two years of training, I grew in relationship with the people around me and with my family, but especially my love for my family.

There is a Christ-centered community at Gospel for Asia in which staff and students intermingle, serve and live together to keep their focus solely on Christ.

“I enjoy the community events we have whether that’s for SD or with other staff members,” Eveline said, “I like the fellowship because it creates bonds, for example: The Supply Run, the talent shows and praise times. We also do solitude, a time of reading Scripture and praying by yourself to listen for what the Lord has to say.”


Go here to know more about Gospel for Asia: Facebook | Sourcewatch | Flickr | GFA | Lawsuit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Attitude Towards Suffering

What Is the Poverty Cycle?

In Which 10/40 Window Countries Does GFA Work?