Walk in Jesus’ Shoes and Live in Prayer for the Countless Unreached

When I first came to the United States, I visited a large, well-known church where the pastor announced an evening prayer meeting. I came early that night, genuinely concerned that I might not find a place in the sanctuary.

Serving on the mission field, I had learned that, as a follower of Christ, prayer was the most important factor in life. I had no doubt that the churches in America were praying churches and eagerly looked forward to the meeting. That evening I waited and waited for the thousands of believers I had seen in the morning to come and intercede for the pastor, the church and the mission field, but in the end only seven showed up. It was an experience I will never forget.

As you read news reports about tragic events, put yourself in the place of the people involved. You will feel their pain, desperation and their hopelessness at not knowing the name of Jesus. My dear friend, you will be able to weep for them, and God will be pleased to answer your prayer on their behalf. — Dr. KP Yohannan
Key: Understanding Jesus’ Love

If you and I have truly understood the love of Jesus for those who don’t know Him, then we will sometimes feel like Elijah did: left all alone with our concern for the world. We call out and urge believers to invest their lives so that others can hear about Christ, but our voices are so often drowned out by all the other activities going on in the Christian realm.

Most of these activities are designed to make life on earth more enjoyable and comfortable. That’s what believers have come to expect, and that’s the reason very few will show up for events like prayer meetings. Sacrifice, suffering and intercession are largely unpopular in many of our churches, because they involve hard work and giving up comfort, time and money.

When we look at the world situation, we can hear Jesus say loud and clear in His Word: “…as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.” (John 20:21) Jesus is asking us to be in His place, to walk in His shoes, to become deeply concerned about all people and their eternal state.

To know more about this article, click here.

Learn more about Dr. KP Yohannan Metropolitan: Facebook | Twitter | Radio| Goodreads | Amazon | Sermon Index | OnePlace | About | Integrity | Book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Attitude Towards Suffering

What Is the Poverty Cycle?

In Which 10/40 Window Countries Does GFA Work?