How Do We Tell Where Our Dependence Lies?

Finding our source in God alone is central for both our personal lives and our ministry. But as we live for and serve the Lord, we can sometimes lose that focus. What is the sign that we are no longer depending on the Lord, and that we are no longer broken before God? It is our attitude.


Years ago, I used to complain about recording my radio broadcast. My life was getting painful because of lack of time, and privately I said to my wife, Gisela, “I am so sick and tired. I can’t do my radio broadcast anymore. I get up so early in the morning and then I work all day. I am emotionally drained. I wish somebody else would do it.”

Then she said to me,
“May I tell you something? You’ve been complaining about how important you are, how little time you have and how hard this job is. Don’t you understand? When you heard God’s call to lead Gospel for Asia, you gave up your teaching and preaching ministry and complained that your gift was not to live in America and teach people about missions.But how can you forget that God, in His mercy, gave you a microphone and a world to speak to? God has a thousand people waiting in queue for one opportunity to do a better job than you are doing. But God still shows you mercy. Be careful. The work is not something to boast about or to complain about, but rather our privilege.”

If you are serving the Lord with the wrong attitude, either boasting or complaining about the work, would you please receive this warning and repent?

To know more about the article, click here.

Go here to know more about Dr. KP Yohannan: Facebook | Twitter | Book | OnePlace | Sermon Index

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Attitude Towards Suffering

What Is the Poverty Cycle?

In Which 10/40 Window Countries Does GFA Work?